I thought we should continue the Matcha thread, so here is a recipe for a cake with Matcha and Sencha green tea. The author of Tea, Exotic Flavors and Aromas, Lydia Gautier, has used the “Maccha” spelling, so I will stick with this in this post. You could find the instructions for the recipe on page 32 (The Tea of Scholars: A Fresh, Plant Liquor). The recipe is invented by Tea Master Kazuyo Ishii-Coineau of the Chajin tea salon in Paris.
Maccha Cake (serves 6)
- 3/4 ounce / 20 grams of Maccha (Ryori)
- 5 ounces / 140 grams of superfine sugar
- 2 good teaspoons of Sencha tea
- 3 1/2 ounces / 100 grams of butter (at room temperature)
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 ounces / 80 grams of wheat flour
- 1 teaspon of baking power
- 1 pinch of salt
Do you have a recipe with Maccha?